[ESS] Finding Rterm in R 2.12.0 on Windows

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Wed Feb 16 16:19:29 CET 2011

On 02/14/11 12:06 PM, Rmh wrote:
> no such luck.
> I am administrstor on my account and still have this hassle.
>
> there are two distinct things that are needed.  I haven't figured out either one.
>
> 1. new files are created with what cygwin reports as 000
> permission.  I must manually change that with
> chmod u+rw
> in order to backup with CVS.
>
> 2. changed system files, for example additional LaTeX .sty
> files, get put into virtual store.  I have to open a separate
> emacs instance as administrator to move them to the right
> place and to run
> initexmf -u
> to make them accessible.
>
> Rich

Hi Rich:

I'm stumped.  Based on 2., I don't see how VirtualStore would ever work.
I guess Dan's suggestion of installing software outside of C:\Program
Files is the only answer.  But, this means we would need to change our
installation instructions accordingly; defining PATH, R_LIBS, etc.
But, since I have no plans to test this out, then I guess I have no
plans to fix the documentation either.  Hopefully, Windows 7 users will
find this discussion as needed.

Rodney