[ESS] R-Xemacs ESS printing issue

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Fri May 29 13:59:50 CEST 2009

On 2009-05-29 08:32 +0100, A.J. Rossini wrote:
> On the other hand, there could be other unstated reasons for
> recommendation for new users, and friendly documentation and help
> (i.e. Vincent G) should NOT be dismissed lightly.  We need to be
> inclusive, not annoying.  And new folks, without the luxury of 20+
> years of Emacs experience, need support in an appropriate form.
>
> And I agree with Rodney, we need to support users, and just figure out
> how to make things work.  Some people (myself included, when it comes
> to my day job) are stuck with awful local support, are forbidden from
> doing any changes, and stuck with many-years old software.

I agree with all that. I haven't used XEmacs intensively so there bound
to be features I don't know.

> Who can forget Rich being stuck with Emacs 19.28 for many years
> (almost a decade old at the time) because Temple U wouldn't upgrade
> Emacs on their DEC's?   Now that was a pain to support.  But we did
> :-).

I don't like the default Emacs on my Uni's server, it is 22.1. So I
compile emacs and put it in /tmp and make a backup. I have been using it
since December last year. This can be a workaround.

Anyway, I understand the situation ;)

Best,
--
.:  Leo  :.  [ sdl.web AT gmail.com ]  .: I use Emacs :.