[ESS] R-Xemacs ESS printing issue

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Fri May 29 15:17:13 CEST 2009

A.J. Rossini wrote:

> Who can forget Rich being stuck with Emacs 19.28 for many years
> (almost a decade old at the time) because Temple U wouldn't upgrade
> Emacs on their DEC's?   Now that was a pain to support.  But we did
> :-).
>
> best,
> -tony

I forgot about that.  Actually, at Duke we were using a really old
version of Emacs as well (maybe that explains some of my bias towards
XEmacs).  Of course, XEmacs has some black eyes too.  Sun, until
relatively recently, was still distributing 21.4.0.  Not only was it
old, but an incredibly buggy release which we had to support since
it was common on Solaris :o(

Rodney