[ESS] R-Xemacs ESS printing issue

Leo sdl.web at gmail.com
Thu May 28 17:43:05 CEST 2009

On 2009-05-28 15:14 +0100, Rodney Sparapani wrote:
> Well, it's all relative. Compared to GNU Emacs the development of
> XEmacs is actually pretty rapid. Look at the release dates of GNU
> Emacs vs. XEmacs. You will see that GNU has some fairly wide canyons
> in there.

I agree with you not to further discuss the choices between these two
variants. But I'd like to point out the following as my last post to
this subject.

1. #Emacs channel has 1130 users while #XEmacs has 24;
2. the Emacs development branch commits 100 times more than XEmacs since 2005;
3. XEmacs's release packs much fewer features than Emacs. XEmacs just
   released a new development version, if you like you can compare it to
   Emacs 23.0.94 and be shocked.

I think it is objective to say Emacs feature set is a super set of
XEmacs and that's why I'm recommending it to new users.

Leo