[ESS] R-Xemacs ESS printing issue

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at mcw.edu
Thu May 28 16:14:59 CEST 2009

A.J. Rossini wrote:
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 2:08 AM, Leo <sdl.web at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> XEmacs has NOT been in active development for quite some years. In my
>> view it is better to use GNU Emacs these days.
>
> Depends on the definition of active; there has been some interesting
> work recently on the internals.  But it (development of XEmacs)
> definitely is slower.
>
> best,
> -tony

Well, it's all relative.  Compared to GNU Emacs
the development of XEmacs is actually pretty rapid.  Look at the release
dates of GNU Emacs vs. XEmacs.  You will see that
GNU has some fairly wide canyons in there.

By the way, I know I just fell into the trap myself.  But, let's keep
GNU Emacs vs. XEmacs discussions off of this list.  They are
entertaining, but they have nothing to do with ESS since it supports both.

Therefore, let's isolate the bug rather than encourage people to
simply switch.  What happens if a GNU Emacs bug pops up?  Should
we tell them to switch to XEmacs then?  It's tempting, but fruitless.

--
Rodney Sparapani      Center for Patient Care & Outcomes Research (PCOR)
Sr. Biostatistician              http://www.mcw.edu/pcor