[ESS] Key bindings for some features {was 'Adjust R option width'}

Brahm, David David.Brahm at geodecapital.com
Thu Jan 26 01:08:32 CET 2006

I love the \C-cw binding!  I often maximize/restore my Emacs window,
and now it's easy to have ESS keep up!

Stephen Eglen <S.J.Eglen at damtp.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Perhaps also people should share their favourite [ESS] keybindings..

I must have similar tastes to (but less ability than) Martin Maechler,
as many of my settings and bindings come from him.

(ess-toggle-underscore nil)		           ; No "smart
underscore"
(define-key inferior-ess-mode-map "\C-cw" 'ess-execute-screen-options)
(fset 'run-r "\C-x2\M-xR\C-m")
(global-set-key "\M-r" 'run-r)
(eval-after-load "comint" '(progn               ; This is all from MM
  (setq comint-scroll-to-bottom-on-output 'others)
  ; (setq comint-scroll-show-maximum-output t)   ; Too "jumpy" for me
  (define-key comint-mode-map [up]
    'comint-previous-matching-input-from-input)
  (define-key comint-mode-map [down]
    'comint-next-matching-input-from-input)
  (define-key comint-mode-map "\C-a" 'comint-bol-or-process-mark) )
)

-- David Brahm (brahm at alum.mit.edu)