[ESS] Rd-mode fill-paragraph

Sebastian Luque spluque at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:27:43 CET 2006

Hi Anthony,

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 06:40:49 +0100,
"A.J. Rossini" <blindglobe at gmail.com> wrote:

> XEmacs or Emacs?  With the former, I use the filladapt library,
> whereas with the latter, much of this functionality is incorporated.

Thanks for the tip.  In fact I'm using Emacs and cannot see the
functionality as you indicate, especifically in the case I noted below:

> On 12/18/05, Sebastian Luque <spluque at gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

>> However, if I edit the paragraph later mid-paragraph and hit M-q, the
>> paragraph gets correctly filled and indented before point, but lines
>> after it end up messed up.

and nothing happens if point is at the end of the paragraph.  So say we
have this:

\description{
  Functions to do blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah
  blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah
  blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah.}

if I edit the paragraph as below and do M-q with point just after "here",
this is what happens:

\description{
  Functions to do blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah
  blah blahblah blah blahblah if editing paragraph here blah blahblah
blah blahblah blah blahblah
  blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah.}

and with point at the end of the paragraph:

\description{
  Functions to do blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah
  blah blahblah blah blahblah if editing paragraph here blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah
  blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah.}

Thanks for any further thoughts,

--
Sebastian P. Luque