[ESS] history and completion problems

Paul MacManus prm at runbox.us
Thu Jul 28 19:52:50 CEST 2005

Hi,

  Thanks for getting back to me.

> For #2 -- probably best to use the comint history commands.
>
> ESC-p  and ESC-M-p  to cycle through history and history restricted to
> prefix (I'm going from memory, so the keymappings might be wrong).

these ones work but the ! prefix commands are more convenient.

For #1, I realized that my description of the problem is unclear. It is the completion in the minibuffer that does not work, i.e., the completion of the object name to dump. The R objects I work with have complex names and having to write them out is tedious and error prone.