[ESS] history and completion problems

A.J. Rossini blindglobe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 01:48:59 CEST 2005

After you use C-c C-d to dump the object, what mode is the buffer in?
(should be ESS[R] or similar, check the mode line).

Is there an affiliated process buffer?

What is the name of the buffer?  Should be something like
userid.objectName.R  or similar.

For #2 -- probably best to use the comint history commands.

ESC-p  and ESC-M-p  to cycle through history and history restricted to
prefix (I'm going from memory, so the keymappings might be wrong).

best,
-tony