starting inferior Splus process iESS[S]

A.J. Rossini rossini at blindglobe.net
Fri Apr 18 17:37:08 CEST 2003

Rodney Sparapani <rsparapa at post.its.mcw.edu> writes:

> Actually, I think we have made some significant progress on the ESS Users Manual
> in the last year in the following areas:

I was a bit harsh, perhaps.  However, the gist of what I tried to say,
remains:

#1: documentation is difficult, and under appreciated where it counts
    (i.e. formally, it tends to count as icing, not cake).

#2: collaborative production of documentation can be fast.

#3: in the right circumstances, imperfect documentation can be an
    impetus for getting better documentation written (usually as a
    result of fixing the imperfect version).

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini rossini at u.washington.edu http://software.biostat.washington.edu/
Biostatistics, U Washington and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center