changing the text color in noweb R-mode

Bill Oliver Oliver at colorado.edu
Thu Apr 24 19:30:45 CEST 2003

Hello, I'm using ESS 5.1.24 with Windows 2000, Emacs 21.2.1, AucTex 10
(I believe), and R 1.7.0.

When I edit Sweave files (e.g., Sweave-test-1.Rnw) the syntax
highlighting works for the LaTex code, but when the cursor is placed
within an R code chunk all of the text turns to a faint pink color that
is very difficult to read. Otherwise, R-mode appears to be working
properly as one can run lines or regions of code with ESS keystrokes.
I've been unable to solve this problem by tinkering with my .emacs file
  and the various font-lock .el files. How does one change the color of
the R code chunks in this instance?

-Bill