starting inferior Splus process iESS[S]

Rodney Sparapani rsparapa at
Fri Apr 18 14:32:59 CEST 2003

>I've been holding my breath for a number of things, including the new
>ESS Users Manual, for 3-4 years now, and someone to take charge of the
>FAQ, for about 1-2 years at this point.

Actually, I think we have made some significant progress on the ESS Users Manual
in the last year in the following areas:  Installation, Batch/Interactive,
Local/Remote, Unix/Windows, Emacs/XEmacs, SAS and BUGS.  Of course, this leaves
alot still to be done.  But, that is partially a problem by design:  ESS tries
to be all things to all statistical packages and platforms.  Not an easy thing.

Rodney Sparapani              Medical College of Wisconsin
Sr. Biostatistician           Patient Care & Outcomes Research
rsparapa at
Was 'Name That Tune' rigged?  WWLD -- What Would Lombardi Do