[BioC] Gene Ontology Annotations from Gene Names

Joseph Shaw josph.sh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 02:32:41 CET 2014

Hi Jim,

> You can check to see if it is a viable option by just giving it a shot.

I have attempted to call the makeOrgPackageFromNCBI() as described in
your previous mail (having provided my details for the author and
maintainer arguments); however, the function call doesn't fully
complete. In particular, the steps outline below are completed, but it
appears to make it no further.

> Getting data for gene2pubmed.gz
> discarding data from other organisms
> Populating gene2pubmed table:
> table gene2pubmed filled
> Getting data for gene2accession.gz

I'm not sure if the function has failed or if the function is still in
the process of completion. Could you tell me, approximately, how long
the function should take to complete? For reference, I'm currently
running OS X with 1.8 GHz processor and 4GB memory.

Joseph