[BioC] Limit on number of sequence files for forging a BSgenome

Blanchette, Marco MAB at stowers.org
Thu Mar 28 17:58:21 CET 2013

Kasper,

I see your line of thought, is there a particular fasta file causing
forgeBSgenomeDataPkg() to break?

The answer is no. Once I reach a certain number of fasta files, adding one
more contig breaks the function. For instance, taking the first 454
contigs of C. brenneri breaks while removing the last or the first fasta
file from the list (keeping only 453) compile without a problem (neither
the last or the first fasta files are responsible for breaking the
function, the number of file is the trigger)

What's even more puzzling is that the number that breaks is not a fixed
number. Selecting a random selection of contigs or changing genome will
change the number that triggers the function to break... However it's
always around 440 files, which might be due to the size of the fasta files
being all of very similar sizes.

Any clues?

--  Marco Blanchette, Ph.D.
Stowers Institute for Medical Research