[BioC] Limit on number of sequence files for forging a BSgenome

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 02:22:56 CET 2013

Marco,

You are probably right in diagnosing the problem, but sometimes I
think I have seen FASTA files with the entire sequence on a single
line, instead of (say) 80 nucleotides and then a newline.  I could
believe that a really long contig on a single line without a newline,
could cause an error like this. You could quickly check if there is a
suspicious file by
  wc -l *
and look for files with #lines like 2-3.  Somehow 460 seems a weird
number to fail at.

This may not be your problem, and I am sure Herve will respond in due time.

Best,
Kasper