[BioC] biocLite and unknown svn revision

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 8 15:16:07 CET 2013

On 03/08/2013 05:28 AM, Michael Lawrence wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My Linux package manager supports building packages from svn, but it
> exports the files into a sandbox directory prior to building. This causes
> 'svn info' to fail in the R build process. (It would probably be cleaner

This thread

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2013-February/065886.html

is in essence the same issue (Matrix tests svn revision to determine exports,
svn revision is not defined in the way the user is building R), and it might be
helpful to bring this up in your context on R-devel.

> for R to record the svn revision in an svn hook, but that's besides the
> point). Before October, the unknown revision was indicated by the "unknown"
> string, and biocLite would emit a warning (but not an error). Since

Can you connect the dots a bit more for me, please, I'm not understanding where
this warning / error is coming from?

Martin