[BioC] Regarding subread vignette

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Oct 13 05:20:28 CEST 2011

Dear Rashi,

Please copy your email to the list.

You don't necessarily need to copy the mm9_all.fa file to the extdata folder. You can copy it to any folder you like. Here is the correct command for using buildindex if you copy the file to the current working directory:

buildindex(basename="mm9_index",reference="mm9_all.fa")

This will create index files with basename "mm9_index". You should give this name to the 'index' parameter of align() function for mapping your reads.

Cheers,
Wei