[BioC] Regarding subread vignette

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Oct 12 00:29:04 CEST 2011

Dear Rashi,

The buildindex function uses all chromosomal files to build a index for a
reference genome, eg. mouse genome. You should run buildindex only once
either with a list of chromosomal file names or with a single file which
is concatenated from all chromosomal files.

To create a single file which includes all the chromosomal sequences, you
can use the following unix command (run it on a unix shell):

cat chr1.fa chr2.fa chr3.fa ... > mm9_all.fa

The concatenation will take several minutes and the index building will
take about 1 hour for mouse genome.

Cheers,
Wei