[BioC] IlluminaHumanMethylation450k.db Reference Versions

Dario Strbenac D.Strbenac at garvan.org.au
Mon Nov 7 08:00:04 CET 2011

In the package IlluminaHumanMethylation450k.db, there are three data objects relating probes to chromosomes. They are IlluminaHumanMethylation450kCHR, IlluminaHumanMethylation450kCHR36, and IlluminaHumanMethylation450kCHR37. I wonder what the reason of having IlluminaHumanMethylation450kCHR is, and what reference was used, since that is not explained in the help page of IlluminaHumanMethylation450kCHR ? Is it redundant ?

Also, the mapping to locations, IlluminaHumanMethylation450kCHRLOC, is only available for hg19. There should also be one for hg18, or otherwise the IlluminaHumanMethylation450kCHR36 should not be supported.

I am referring to version 1.4.6 of the IlluminaHumanMethylation450k.db package.

Dario Strbenac
Research Assistant
Cancer Epigenetics
Garvan Institute of Medical Research