[BioC] Gene Name annotation

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Wed Jan 19 20:58:01 CET 2011

Dear Pablo,

If you type ?annotatePeakInBatch in a R session after library(ChIPpeakAnno),
you will notice that you can annotate your peaks with your own annotation or
built-in annotation dataset.

The following are a few built-in annotation datasets.
 data(TSS.human.NCBI36),data(TSS.mouse.NCBIM37), data(GO.rat.RGSC3.4) and
data(TSS.zebrafish.Zv8). You probably already notice that the main ID of the
built-in dataset is Ensembl_ID. You could use getBM function in biomaRt
package to convert ensembl_ID to gene name or other IDs if needed.

Best regards,

Julie