[BioC] Problem importing ArrayExpress data for custom array into BioConductor

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Tue Oct 26 19:42:05 CEST 2010

Hi Aatish,

It looks like the brainarray site does not have mac binaries available.
>From your browser visit,

    http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/bin/

Here you will see that brainarray currently has no macosx directory .
One workaround for this is to use the source tarball.  Look in

    http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/src/contrib/

for the appropriate cdf package (ie, maybe one of
tilingscerevisiae10scense* ). Then from your R session try

    biocLite("tilingscerevisiae10rscensecdf",
contriburl="http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/bioc/src/contrib/",
type="source")

Alternatively you could download the tarball and build the package
manually. Having your own copy of the tarball might be a good idea if
you want guaranteed access to this cdf package for sometime.

Valerie