[BioC] *** caught segfault *** ....cause 'invalid permissions' with PUMA pachage

Alberto Goldoni alberto.goldoni1975 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 10:01:09 CEST 2010

Dear all,
today i have installed "puma" package in my second computer with
ubuntu 64 bit and when i try to run this command:

eset_estrogen_mmgmos <- mmgmos(affybatch.estrogen, gsnorm="none")

it return this error:

Model optimising
 *** caught segfault ***
address 0x7f307c7102ec, cause 'invalid permissions'

Traceback:
 1: .Call("mmgmos_c", pm(object), mm(object), genes,
probeNames(object),     phis, prctiles, length(prctiles), savepar,
eps, PACKAGE = "puma")
 2: mmgmos(data, gsnorm = "none")

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace

IT'S VERY STRANGE!!!!! because yesterday with the other computer with
ubuntu 32 bit puma was able to perform this type of calculation...

it seems an error due to the R 64 bit version....

someone can help me because in internet i was not able to find a trick!

best regards