[BioC] MA plots + dye swap

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Thu Jan 28 15:28:34 CET 2010

Hi Guido,

normalisation methods would indeed not know about your experimental design (including the dye swapping). Now, just a request for clarification - what do you mean by "mirrored"? The plots will not be exactly mirrored since they are from different arrays. You would expect to see biological effects that are present in both arrays 'mirrored' w.r.t. the M=0 axis. However, there are also technical effects (either random, or associated with dye), which would not be 'mirrored'. So, are you sure that the biological signal you are expecting is the main contribution to the picture you see in the plots? It would probably be helpful to select a handful of genes that are important to you, and mark them specially (by color or plot symbol) in the plots.

	Best wishes
            Wolfgang