[BioC] filetr to Agilent 4 x 44 array

Francois Pepin francois at sus.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 18 22:22:09 CET 2010

Hi Marco,

I have done something in the past at that particular cut-off.

I would suggest to take a look at your distribution of intensities to
make sure that 6 is a reasonable threshold. I tend to have bimodal
distributions with a sharp peak just below 6 and another later on, but
your data might be different.

Another strategy is to use the Limma F statistics, if you want to also
include genes which might be more highly expressed but also don't have
any variations.

Hope this helps,

Francois