[BioC] problems with bioconductor installation

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Tue Feb 16 20:08:21 CET 2010

Dear Pete

> Thanks for all the suggestions. I am stuck running R version 2.9 due to
> my OS.

Not true. I (and many others) are running Ubuntu 9.10, and on that R
2.10 (the latest release) as well as the current devel (what will be 2.11).

Generic installation instructions are in the R FAQ, section 2.5.1:
http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html
You will need to install necessary compilers, latex, gnumake etc (which
is anyway a good investment in the value of your computer.)

For Ubuntu, you might also want to look at this:
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/

	Best wishes
	Wolfgang

I was able to get Bioconductor to work with this version of R by

--

Best wishes
      Wolfgang

--