[BioC] GO terms

Adrian Johnson oriolebaltimore at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 01:01:39 CET 2010

Hi Heidi,
Thanks for quick reply.
It doesnt work for me. Although GOTERMS$"GO:ID" works.

I have all my GOIDs in a list, I want to get the terms for that IDs in
character vector.

> Term("GO:0006916")
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "Term", for
signature "character"

> GOTERM$"GO:0006916"
GOID: GO:0006916
Term: anti-apoptosis
Ontology: BP
Definition: A process which directly inhibits any of the steps required
    for cell death by apoptosis.
Synonym: apoptosis inhibitor activity

Using GOTERM, I dont know how to capture 'Term'. I cannot use a sapply
function over GOTERMS too.

-Adrian