[BioC] Querying dbSNP

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Mon Oct 19 23:02:10 CEST 2009

It may also be noteworthy that the SNPlocs.Hsapiens.dbSNP.20090506
package has location and allele information for build 130 dbSNP
entries. A substantial quantity of SNP-related metadata is present in
the pd.genomewidesnp.6 annotation package.

 'Queries' to dbSNP of a more general nature could probably be
programmed using various web services support packages in R/bioc.  If
you describe a compelling use case, code might be written to solve it.