[BioC] Package "xps" import.data error

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Mon Mar 9 20:03:00 CET 2009

Dear Yonghong

Since you are using xps with Windows I suppose that you are using RGui.

In order to get more information about your problem may I suggest to run
xps using RTerm with verbose=TRUE. This will show you more information
and give you a hint about the concrete problem, see:
https://www.stat.math.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2008-December/025452.html

Could you please send me the complete output from RTerm.

Could you also please update to a newer version of xps, xps_1.0.2 is
pretty old.

Maybe, one last note: From your code I assume that you have imported the
exon scheme in the same R session as the CEL-files. Since the pgf and
annotation files consume huge amounts of memory it is better to import
the exon scheme in a separate R session first. When starting a new R
session you can use "root.scheme()" to import the created scheme and
import the CEL-files in the new R session.

Please let me know if this could solve your problem, otherwise please
send me the output from RTerm, as already mentioned.

Best regards
Christian
C.h.r.i.s.t.i.a.n   S.t.r.a.t.o.w.a
V.i.e.n.n.a           A.u.s.t.r.i.a