[BioC] RG.MA in limma

Wang, Jixin jixinwang at tamu.edu
Mon Mar 9 19:38:06 CET 2009

Dear Peder,

Many thanks for the kind help. Is the cy3.channel.norm and cy5.channel.norm I want according to your code? I got error when I ran your code. I don’t understand the Cy3.norm and Cy5.norm object even after I check the ?apply and ?tapply. Thanks.

> Cy3.norm <- apply(cy3.channel,2,function(v){tapply(v,names(v),function(x){median(x,na.rm=TRUE)})})
Error in as.vector(x, mode) : invalid 'mode' argument
> Cy5.norm <- apply(cy5.channel,2,function(v){tapply(v,names(v),function(x){median(x,na.rm=TRUE)})})
Error in as.vector(x, mode) : invalid 'mode' argument

Here is the modified code following yours

library(limma)
setwd("C:/Documents and Settings/JWang/Desktop/la")

targets <- readTargets("norm vs dev.txt")
targets
RG <- read.maimages(targets$FileName, source="genepix")
RG

RG = backgroundCorrect(RG, method="normexp", offset=50)

cy3.channel = RG$G
cy3.channel.norm =normalizeBetweenArrays(log2(cy3.channel),
method="scale")
cy5.channel = RG$R
cy5.channel.norm =normalizeBetweenArrays(log2(cy5.channel),
method="scale")

MA = normalizeWithinArrays(RG, method="printtiploess")
log.ratio <- MA$M
write.csv(log.ratio,file="Mvalues.csv")

write.table(cy3.channel.norm, file="cy3.channel.norm.txt")
write.table(cy5.channel.norm, file="cy5.channel.norm.txt")

Best Regards,

Wang