[BioC] discrepancy between BeadStudio images and beadarray imageplot

Luis Fernando Menezes lmenezes at jhmi.edu
Thu Mar 5 21:00:30 CET 2009

Thank you for you comments, Mark and Cei.
Just another quick question: the number of beads per probe that are
detected in the different arrays of the 8-array slide is slightly
lower in the the array with the white streaks compared with a "normal"
array in the same slide (median:36 vs. 41; min: 9 vs. 13). Could this
potentially bias the analysis (I'm using lumi) in such a way that I
should ask Illumina to replace the array? And, if so, is this a common
enough problem with Illumina to raise concerns about the reliability/
reproducibility of this platform?
Thanks again,

Luis.