[BioC] From eSet to AffyBatch Object

Boris Umylny umylny at apbri.org
Thu Mar 5 09:40:35 CET 2009

Thank you very much for your help!

I wound up using Martin's suggestion for density and boxplots.  As Jenny
pointed out it does not make much sense to run image on an ExpressionSet.
However, that does require users to utilize AffyRead even if they are
processing their data with just.rma.  However, thats not a major obtacle.

I did find a strange error with just.rma when reading gzipped CEL files from
GSE10641 (samples GSM268225, GSM268224, GSM268223, GSM268222, GSM268221,
GSM268214, GSM268213, GSM268212, GSM268211, GSM268210, GSM268209, GSM268226,
GSM268233, GSM268234, GSM268235, GSM268236, GSM268237, GSM268238) with
normalize=FALSE:

Error in dimnames(x) <- dn : 'dimnames' applied to non-array

and ExpressionSet was not created.

When I used AffyRead and rma (with normalize=FALSE), it worked fine.

I am using R 2.8.1, Bioconductor 2.3 and including:

library(affy)
library(geneplotter)
library(lattice)
library(Biobase)