[BioC] How to generate the CDF files for Arabidopsis Tiling Arrays

Naira Naouar nanao at psb.vib-ugent.be
Wed Mar 4 09:58:24 CET 2009

Hi Zhen,

The Arabidopsis tiling 1.0R cdf that I generated is available here:
ftp://ftp.psb.ugent.be/pub/nanao/athtiling1.0rcdf_1.0.1.tar.gz

this CDF contains 29670 probesets and was created on a unix environment.

If you are analysing tiling arrays in R, you must make sure that you
have enough memory available
To make use of the package those are the instructions:
In R:

library(affy)
library(athtiling1.0rcdf)
data<-ReadAffy()
data at cdfName<-"athtling1.0rcdf"

Then use rma or mas5 to preprocess your data (gcrma is not possible
because I did not create the probe file).

Good luck with your analysis.
If you have any problem with the package (installation or any), feel
free to contact me.
To install a R package in unix, : R CMD INSTALL
athtiling1.0rcdf_1.0.1.tar.gz /path/R/libraries

Best,
Naira