[BioC] Missing Autocorrelation in Ringo

Torsten Waldminghaus Torsten.Waldminghaus at rr-research.no
Tue Jun 30 14:04:31 CEST 2009

Hi,

thanks for the answer and sorry for not making it more clear. I get a plot but it suggests that there is no autocorrelation. This means the column at point "0" is at 1.0 as usual but at "100", "200",... there are only dots which vary a bit in their size. Now the results you were interested in:

> str(exAc)
Class 'autocor.result'  atomic [1:11]  1.00000 -0.00469 -0.00660  0.00538  0.00652 ...
  ..- attr(*, "chromosome")= chr "1"

> ls(annoObject)
[1] "1.end"    "1.index"  "1.start"  "1.unique"

> head(annoObject["1.start"])
[1]  68 154 189 294 365 440

I tried the function extractProbeAnno but it does actually not seem to be there. R did not find it and I did also not find a help entry for it:

> help(extractProbeAnno)
No documentation for 'extractProbeAnno' in specified packages and libraries:
you could try 'help.search("extractProbeAnno")'

However, I could use for example posToProbeAnno and find the corresponding help page?!

Here is the session info:

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.7.2 (2008-08-25)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=Norwegian (Bokmål)_Norway.1252;LC_CTYPE=Norwegian (Bokmål)_Norway.1252;LC_MONETARY=Norwegian (Bokmål)_Norway.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=Norwegian (Bokmål)_Norway.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base

other attached packages:
 [1] Ringo_1.4.0          SparseM_0.78         RColorBrewer_1.0-2   vsn_3.6.0            affy_1.18.2
 [6] preprocessCore_1.2.1 affyio_1.8.1         geneplotter_1.18.0   annotate_1.18.0      xtable_1.5-4
[11] AnnotationDbi_1.2.2  RSQLite_0.7-1        DBI_0.2-4            lattice_0.17-13      genefilter_1.20.1
[16] survival_2.34-1      Biobase_2.0.1        limma_2.14.7

[1] grid_2.7.2         KernSmooth_2.22-22

Beyond the problems with getting the autocorrelation I was wondering if there is a good way to judge the quality of Ringo peak detection or the probability of getting wrong hits or loosing some?

Thanks for any help,
Torsten