[BioC] flowViz xyplot

Deepayan Sarkar deepayan.sarkar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 23:10:58 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Bastian Angermann<AngerB at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to plot "FSC-W" over the ratio of "FSC-H" and "FSC-A"
> using flowViz::xyplot. Is there a direct method of doing this, without creating an intermediate new channel in the flowFrame?

Well, you could create the intermediate variable temporarily
on-the-fly, which is essentially the same thing. E.g.,

xyplot(`FSC-W` ~ Ratio, transform(fset, Ratio = `FSC-H`/`FSC-A`))

> The manual hints at channel.x and channel.y as a way to achieve that, but I am at loss regarding the intended syntax.
>
> Related to that, the help states that this usage is discouraged.
> Is there a specific reason such as this functionality being deprecated/unstable?

The restrictions on the formula are necessitated by the complicated
structure of flow data. More flexibility in the formula is certainly
possible, but would likely involve a lot more bookkeeping, which is
not worth the effort given that alternative solutions are available.

-Deepayan