[BioC] Installing an older release of Bioconductor

Wed Jun 24 20:50:23 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Jun 24, 2009, at 2:43 PM, Veni Kurup wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install Bioconductor 2.3. I found this link which has
> the
> release I need: http://www.bioconductor.org/download/oldrelease/BioC2.3/
>
> Is there an easy way to install all of these packages from BioC2.3?
> Or do I
> need to download each windows binary and install one by one?

Since each version of bioconductor is meant to be used with a specific
version of R, if you want to use packages from BioC 2.3, I think your
best bet would be to install R 2.8.x and do the normal:

source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
biocLite(... whatever ...)

You should find that you're pulling packages from Bioc 2.3.

I'm pretty sure that mixing BioC packages from different BioC versions
into the same R distro isn't advised ... perhaps the gurus will chime
in with better advice, but that's my 2 cents.

Hope that helps,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology