[BioC] Annotation Tools package

Alexandre Kuhn alexandre.kuhn at epfl.ch
Mon Jun 22 16:57:08 CEST 2009

Hi Giu,
Affymetrix has added comment lines in their annotation files (starting with
'#'). Skip these when reading the files and use

annotHuman<-read.csv('HG-U133_Plus_2.na27.annot.csv',colClasses='character',
comment.char='#')

annotMouse<-read.csv('Mouse430A_2.na27.annot.csv',colClasses='character',com
ment.char='#)

instead of the commands shown in the help/vignette. I will update
help/vignette accordingly.

Also, the function ps2ps only uses information from Affymetrix and
HomoloGene files so that you do not need to load chip packages from
Bioconductor (mouse430a2.db and hgu133plus2.db).

Alexandre