[BioC] chipAlongChrom problem in Ringo

Joern Toedling toedling at ebi.ac.uk
Thu Jan 22 18:38:05 CET 2009

Hello,

are the warning messages any indication what the source of the problem
might be? Does the probeAnno object that you use really correspond to
the microarray platform of your ExpressionSet "X"? Maybe you
accidentally used a probeAnno from another array platform.
Are there actually any probes mapping to this region that you wanted to
plot. The region is selected by specifying the argument "xlim" as c
(<the start site that you want>, <the end site that you want>).

Try something like

table(probeAnno["5.index"] %in% featureNames(X))

to see how many probes in your probeAnno are actually defined on your array.

Try different chromosomes and regions to figure out what is wrong.
Potentially you may have to rebuild the probeAnno object for that array.

Regards,
Joern

PS: Please also always provide the output of sessionInfo() when asking
questions on this list, so we can figure out if outdated or conflicting
versions of certain packages could be a source of problems.

--
Joern Toedling
EMBL - European Bioinformatics Institute
Email  toedling at ebi.ac.uk