[BioC] why is the CMA package not available for windows??

Henrik Bengtsson hb at stat.berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 9 19:41:36 CET 2009

Hi,

if I understand you correctly, you say there is nothing in the
code/implementation per se that prevents it from running on Windows,
but instead it is just the rule that a binary should not be built if
it does not pass R CMD pass.  Is that correct?  If it is just that one
example code that prevent from getting a Windows binary, why not put a
\dontrun{} on it as a quick fix?

The only problem I see with this fix is that you might forget about
it.  Redundancy testing you can achieve using tests/ and there you run
the test conditionally on OS (skipping Windows for now).  You can even
say "skip test on Windows and package version is older than March
2009" - that way the problem won't be forgotten about in the future.

"Forced" as-is Windows binaries for CMA release and devel (without
passing R CMD check):

source("http://www.braju.com/R/hbLite.R");
installPackages("http://www.braju.com/R/repos/CMA_1.0.0.zip"); # release
installPackages("http://www.braju.com/R/repos/CMA_1.1.1.zip"); # devel