[BioC] agi4x44kpreprocess package

Erika Melissari erika.melissari at bioclinica.unipi.it
Tue Feb 3 16:54:27 CET 2009

Hello Francois,

thank you for your help.

here is the sessionInfo() output

R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] splines   tools     stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets
methods
[9] base

other attached packages:
 [1] hgug4112a.db_2.2.5      RSQLite_0.7-1           DBI_0.2-4
 [4] Agi4x44PreProcess_1.2.0 genefilter_1.22.0       survival_2.34-1
 [7] annotate_1.20.1         xtable_1.5-4            AnnotationDbi_1.4.1
[10] limma_2.16.3            Biobase_2.2.1

I realized that this package is wrapped around limma, but the result of
read.maimages is not the same.
I have checked, comparing the loaded data with raw data, what date have been
loaded by using read.AgilentFe of agi4x44preprocess and, really, only the
green signals are loaded. Obviously, the read.maimages() load the correct
data (I have checked).
The problem is that agi4x44preprocess vignette also affirm that the signals
loaded are the green signals...but I do not understand why only green!
I am evaluating this package because it offer some functions for managing
the huge amount of data (processed signals, mean signals and, above all, the
flags) extracted by using Feature extraction software by Agilent. I would
like to use the complicated system of Agilent flags for quality control of
my microarray data and only this package manages to do this.
Thank you for any suggestion.

Erika