[BioC] Problems when access elements in mogene10stprobeset.db

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sat Aug 8 07:37:09 CEST 2009

Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I removed the directory that my own package installations are in, that
> is where 'mogene10stprobeset.db' was. The I found that there were
> 'mogene10stprobeset.db' in the system already. Therefore, I run my
> scripts mogeneID.R, which now gives me the correct results. My
> original problem was because that there are packages installed in the
> system and packages installed in my home directory. Somehow, there are
> some conflicts in between.

It is not likely to be a conflict -- R works happily with user and
system libraries. Likely the package(s) in your local library were
installed incorrectly or were corrupted during use.

> The reason that I have my own installations is that our system admin
> may not install packages in time. So I have to install the packages in
> my own directory, when he is not available. However, he may later
> install the same packages in the systems. I am wondering what is the
> correct way to maintain the consistencies between the two
> installations. For example, two questions are
>   1. how to figure what packages are installed in both places?

  pkgs = installed.packages()
  dups = pkgs[duplicated(pkgs[,c("Package", "Version")]), "Package"]

>   2. how automatically uninstall all the packages in my directory that
> are already installed in both places?

  remove.packages(dups)

I would not do this 'automatically'.

Martin