[BioC] mget() error with NA values

Christian Kohler Christian.Kohler at klinik.uni-regensburg.de
Thu Apr 30 16:20:37 CEST 2009

DeaR bioconductors,

we run an internal microarray analysis pipeline and switched today from
R/BioC (2.8.1/2.3) to 2.9/2.4.
After running some test code, I came across the following error:

testCode:
> x<-rep(NA,10)
> unique(unlist(mget(x, env=hgu133plus2ENTREZID,ifnotfound=NA)))

when I run this code snippet with 2.8.1/2.3 the corresponding return
value is
> [1] NA

but with 2.9/2.4 I got the following error:
> Error during wrapup: keys must be supplied in a character vector with
no NAs

This causes our pipeline to break there and stop the analysis while in
the previous case the analysis still continued with NA values.

Please do not think that I am a picky person, but was there any urgent
need to change the behaviour of mget()?
Is it possible to somehow bypass this?

Thanks a lot for any help.

Christian