[BioC] Probe IDs from Sentrix chips not appearing in Human annotation file

Mark Dunning mark.dunning at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 23:51:23 CEST 2009

Hi Nikhil,

Your observations are consistent with what I have seen before with
Illumina data. They have more probes on the array (and in the
bead-level data) than are reported in BeadStudio or in the annotation
files. There could be a few hundred of these. I understand them to be
internal controls of some kind and probably not informative for your
analysis.

In answer to your other question; the ProbeID column does indeed
correspond to the Array_Address_Id column in the annotation and you
are looking at it the right way. It's unfortunate but probably a
symptom of the way they keep changing the format of their files.

In addition to Marc's response, you could also consider using the
following annotation packages which has these
ProbeIDs/Array_Address_Ids as a key.

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/data/annotation/html/illuminaHumanv3BeadID.db.html

Hope this helps. Regards,

Mark