[BioC] Script for filtering

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Apr 23 15:35:46 CEST 2009

Hi Alberto,

Alberto Goldoni wrote:
> Hi to everybody,
>
> i have to extract 500 genes from all the genes present on the GenomeWideSNP_6.0 database.

I'm not familiar with this database. Could you please give more
information? Also, there are no genes measured on the GenomeWideSNP_6.0
chip. This chip measures SNPs, which may or may not be in or near genes.

> If i have the list of these 500 genes, are there a script in order to extract only these genes from the complete list?

This question is too vague to be answered. What is the 'complete list'?

Maybe you are trying to subset a list or data.frame, in which case you
should look at

?'['
?'%in%
or perhaps