[BioC] expresso: performing RMA on NON-Affy data?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Apr 22 17:16:33 CEST 2009

Hi Jose,

Do you want to do RMA, or just normalize? The problem with trying to
wedge things into an AffyBatch is that the affy package will then try to
find the cdfenv that contains the probe to probeset mappings, so by
trying to leverage the AffyBatch infrastructure you will have to also
come up with a fake cdf.

If you don't have probes that make up a probeset, then I'm not sure the
affy package will be of use here.

Can you give more details?

Best,

Jim