[BioC] limma and 2-array divided probe sets

Jorrit Boekel jorrit.boekel at ki.se
Mon Apr 20 11:59:49 CEST 2009

Dear list,

I would like to do an analysis on a published dataset that used the
"previous generation" (quote Affy) arrays Mu11K. These contain ~11K
probes divided over 2 chips, give rise to 2 cel files, and use different
annotation packages.

As I am no limma-veteran, I wondered if there was a way to concatenate
the data from these files before or after reading it into limma as two
separate affybatch objects, and then make an eSet. If not, should I
instead analyse the chips separately and merge the resulting toptables?

cheers,
--
Jorrit Boekel
Ph.D. student