[BioC] RGraphviz

Sim, Fraser Fraser_Sim at URMC.Rochester.edu
Wed Apr 15 16:08:30 CEST 2009

Hi Florian,

Here is some example code:

library(Rgraphviz)
set.seed(123)
V <- letters[1:5]
M <- 1:2
g1 <- randomGraph(V, M, 0.5)
edgemode(g1) <- "directed"
x <- layoutGraph(g1)

edgeRenderInfo(x) = list(arrowhead = "tee")
renderGraph(x)

edgeRenderInfo(x) = list(arrowhead = "normal")
renderGraph(x)

The first graph rendering is correct with arrowhead converted to tee's.
The second generates open arrowheads more like the 'vee' according to
the graphviz documentation. Also if you run the code with 'vee' there is
no difference from 'normal'.

It appears that some of the other shapes are also not supported and
revert back to the standard. I understand that not all shapes may be
supported but it would be more intuitive if the renderGraph produced an
error or warning for non-supported shapes rather than just silently
reverting them to an open arrow.

Thanks,
Fraser