[BioC] How to check if gene name is an alias or misspelt

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Wed Apr 8 15:52:07 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have a list of genes which are not official gene symbols.  Normally in
this case I would search gene in entrez to see if it is an alias and
then take the official symbol.  Is there a way to (semi) automate this
within bioconductor?

If this fails I normally google it to see if it is likely to be a
misspelling S instead of 5 etc.  ANy suggestions for that?

Many thanks

Dan

Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.

Institute of Cancer Research
Molecular Carcinogenesis
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}