[BioC] Error in getCdfInfo(object) when using QCReport

Xingmei Wang xwang5 at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Oct 30 16:33:00 CET 2008

Thanks a lot Jim for your quick response!

James W. MacDonald wrote:
> Hi Xingmei,
>
> Xingmei Wang wrote:
>> My code is as following:
>>> setwd("G:/XWang/microarray_phototherapy/CEL file")
>>> library(affyQCReport)
>> Welcome to Bioconductor
>>   Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
>>   'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
>>   'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.
>> KernSmooth 2.22 installed
>> Copyright M. P. Wand 1997
>>> mydata<-ReadAffy()
>>> QCReport(mydata, file="GelfandQC.pdf")
>> Error in getCdfInfo(object) :   Could not obtain CDF environment,
>> problems encountered:
>> Specified environment does not contain HuGene-1_0-st-v1
>> Library - package hugene10stv1cdf not installed
>> Bioconductor - hugene10stv1cdf not available
>> Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!
>
> The affyQCReport uses the affy package for doing the analysis.
> Unfortunately, the affy package doesn't support the HuGene chips. To
> analyze these chips you need to use either oligo or xps.
I'm still new in this field, so will need to do some reading on what you
suggested. Thanks again!

> Best,
>
> Jim
>

>> Xingmei

>> Search the archives:

Xingmei wang , MS
Biostatistician

Biostatistics Analysis Center (BAC)
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics
519  Blockley Hall
423 Guardian Drive
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Phone: 215-898-1560