[BioC] Rgraphviz and graphviz on windows pc's

ravi rv15cap at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 18:27:09 CEST 2008

Martin,
Thanks for your prompt reply. On the graphviz link that you have
provided, I am only able to find graphviz version 2.20.3. I find no
archives there to locate v2.16. Will the rest of the procedure work
with v2.20.3. Otherwise, how do I find v2.16?

Next, I would like to confirm that I have to create the following user
variables.
variable : GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_DIR
value : C:\/graphviz-2.16    ##### I don't have R-tools installed (do
I still have to include the V in front?)
variable : GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_MAJOR
value : 2
variable : GRAPHVIZ_INSTALL_MINOR
value : 16

For example, I have the following user variable right now :
Variable  : INCLUDE
Value :C:\WATCOM\H;C:\WATCOM\H\NT

Will the above procedure work if I enter 2 and 20 for version 2.20.3
of graphviz (instead of 2 and 16 respectively)?

Next, for the PATH (a system variable),
I will add :
C:\graphviz2.20\bin

I am sorry to bore you with these details, but it seems to be
necessary to follow the exact procedure.
This is the reason for my spelling out all the details, and wanting
confirmation.

I will also try to dig into the the use of Rtools and see if I can
install from the source. That can be useful for other cases as well.
Thanking you,
Ravi