[BioC] Loading problem with Rlibstree and microRNA packages on MacOS X 10.4

Luo Weijun luo_weijun at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 03:11:32 CET 2008

Thanks, Duncan, for your timely response,
I modified the source codes for both libstree-0.4.2/src/lst_string.h and libstree-0.4.3/src/lst_string.h following your suggestion, and reinstall Rlibstree from source. This really made difference. The chunk of warning message on R_newStringSet and R_stringSetAdd functions (in stree.c file) has gone. However, the following error message still showed (below). Any ideas/suggestions? Thanks a lot!
Weijun

Building Rlibstree
** libs
** arch - ppc
gcc -arch ppc -std=gnu99 -dynamiclib -Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -undefined dynamic_lookup -single_module -multiply_defined suppress -L/usr/local/lib -o Rlibstree.so prefix.o stree.o -L../local/lib -lstree  -F/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/.. -framework R -Wl,-framework -Wl,CoreFoundation
/usr/bin/libtool: for architecture cputype (16777223) cpusubtype (3) object: /usr/local/lib/libgcc_s.10.4.dylib malformed object (unknown load command 4)
make: *** [Rlibstree.so] Error 1
chmod: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.8/Resources/library/Rlibstree/libs/ppc/*: No such file or directory
ERROR: compilation failed for package 'Rlibstree'
** Removing '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.8/Resources/library/Rlibstree'
** Restoring previous '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.8/Resources/library/Rlibstree'
Warning message:
In install.packages("~/download/R/packages/Rlibstree", repos = NULL,  :
  installation of package '/Users/luow/download/R/packages/Rlibstree' had non-zero exit status